Acupuncture treatments can be very helpful, and many patients find that they can get relief from their pain, anxiety, or other ailments after visiting an acupuncturist. While it’s true that acupuncture can help you feel better in many ways, it’s important to know how to support yourself after receiving acupuncture to ensure the most complete and permanent relief possible. Here are some tips for self-care and supporting your body after receiving acupuncture treatment.
Self-Care After Treatment
Self-care is essential after receiving acupuncture. It helps to speed up the healing process and prevents further injury. There are a few things you can do to support yourself after a treatment, such as keeping your feet elevated for 30 minutes following treatment. It is important to drink water throughout the day and avoid any rigorous activity until you feel better.
Acupuncture can be a very relaxing experience, but sometimes the treatments can leave you feeling a bit off balance. That’s why it’s important to know some simple breathing techniques to help ground yourself. Here are a few to try:
- Focus on your breath as it enters and leaves your nose.
- Close your eyes and imagine filling up with air and then releasing all of the air in one long exhale.
- Bring awareness to your rib cage expanding and contracting as you breathe in and out slowly for five minutes.
- Sit with good posture by keeping your shoulders back, chest open, stomach relaxed, and chin tucked slightly down towards your chest.
Vitamins and Herbs
Vitamins and herbs can help you recover from acupuncture treatments and improve your overall health. Here are some vitamins and herbs that can help:
- Calcium for strengthening bones and muscles
- Vitamin C for improving immunity
- Iron for fighting fatigue
- B complex for boosting energy levels
Contact Inner Ocean for Your Next Acupuncture Service
At Inner Ocean, we believe in the power of acupuncture and its ability to heal the body, mind, and spirit. We offer a variety of services to support your health and well-being, including acupuncture, massage therapy, and cupping. Our skilled practitioners will work with you to create a treatment plan that meets your unique needs. We also offer a sliding scale for our services, so that everyone can afford to receive the care they need. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!
- Want a guide to support you in your healing goals? Book now